Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Wild William's: The Best Burger Joint in Town




Ok, so today I'm excited to tell you that I am finally doing another post on a restaurant. It is one of my favorite's in the greater Portland metropolitan area. It's a place where they serve the most American food out there. That's right. Cheeseburgers.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give to you, Wild Willy's Burgers. It's a burger joint located in South Portland, Maine, just off of the highway. It's hard to miss if you're heading to the Maine Mall. Anyway, here's the website, where all your questions will be answered: http://www.wildwillysburgers.com/

My dear friend Bruno opted for the classy photo under the sign
Basically, me and my friends have been going to this joint for years now. Ever since high school. The food is fucking awesome. Let me tell you that. Obviously the cream of the crop, however, lies in the burgers. And be aware, there is a lot to choose from. I want to say something like 15 different kinds. Once you find what you like, don't be afraid to stick to that choice, or venture out and try other burgers.

The Double Wide BBQ Burger

Another important thing to point out is that on every burger you have the option of going "Double Wide" which is fancy way of saying "Double the meat and cheese on my sandwhich, bitch." There is also an option to get bison meat on your burger, which for all you health freaks, I'm sure you'll fucking love. Both these options cost quite a bit extra, though. So be careful, consumer.



let's talk about what me and Bruno ordered shall we. Right from the get go, I was planning on posting about this in the blog, so I knew I had to get something awesome. I thought about getting the Rocky Burger which is your basic burger with assorted cooked onions and peppers on it. Delicious. However, I decided today to go with the BBQ burger, and ontop of that, I made it double wide. Which I don't really think is worth $3.00 more. But whatever, beggars can't be choosers. Anyway, I took a picture of my receipt so I could show you fools what I got.

The Receipt.
Some of the reviews I've read for this place all say that the pricing is reasonable (under $10.00 per person), however, as you can see, I clearly spent more than that. I mean, I can't complain. The food is awesome. Bruno spend over 20 bones there, I believe. However, he did spend quite a bit on an order of these fucking delicious deep fried onion centers. Fucking god damn, that shit was good. He let me have some. What a guy.



Now, one cheeseburger is all well and good, but let's be honest with one another, most seasoned vets on the food front are looking for a little more these days. That's why I am happy to say that with every order, I get another order of small fries, and add chilli and cheese for a little extra. Normally, I wouldn't go with the chilli and cheese, but the fries, unfortunately, are one of the short comings of the place. I mean, they're not terrible, but placed next to the god tier of burgers they sell, they fall miles short. For one, they aren't really salted, and they are very soggy. Two things that a huge turn off for me in the fry department. But, every thing has a weakness, right?

The Before. I can't remember what Bruno got for a burger.
So in the end, I ended up with the Double Wide BBQ Bacon Burger, with the Chili Cheese Fries, and some of Bruno's onion things. I would have spent another $4.00 if I had bought the homemade root beer that they make on location, which is literally the best soda I have ever consumed. They also serve a lot of local beer at the South Portland location. I can't speak for the others. However, don't expect to be ringing up a big bar tab, you can only order a maximum of 3 beers while dining in.

The After
All in all. This place is a pretty sweet deal to grab a burger with some friends. The employees are always super friendly, and helpful. Not mention the place just looks cool as hell. It's like a wild west theme (Wild Willy's, get it?). Just a fucking sweet place.

There's a lot of good reviews of this place on Urban Spoon. Here's a link: http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/259/1182388/restaurant/Portland/Wild-Willys-Burgers-South-Portland Fucking love this place, dudes. Go there if you can. I want to say that there are some locations that stretch all the way to Massachusetts. I'm sure the other places are just as good.






1 comment: