Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Today we're going to making some chicken and rice. Usually I like to use simple white rice with the chicken so it absorbs some of the flavor of the chicken the rub I put on it. But, today I decided to go with some yellow rice. Still tastes fine. This meal I cooked today can be adjusted, proportion wise and beverage choice wise, to be a pretty delicious, relatively low carb meal. I had about 60 carbs of rice, but if you cut that amount in half to 30 carbs, the meal will still be great!

Ok, so first, I cooked the rice and let it sit and cool down while I was making the chicken, I like the way the colder rice tastes. The chicken is pretty simple, just dice it up on a cutting board into about 1 inch pieces. I set it aside while I made the rub. The rub itself is pretty simple. I just added what I felt was the right proportions of garlic powder, chili powder, basil, crushed red peppers, and salt and pepper. I just put all that in a bowl, mix it up and roll the pieces of chicken in it. After that its as simple as cooking the chicken in a skillet, and serving it over the rice.





6-5-12 3:35pm Yellow Rice under Spicy Chicken, with Lemon Iced Tea and milk.

I went with 2 beverages because the chicken actually turned out to be pretty fucking hot, so yeah. I made that happen.




1 comment:

  1. I found my way back to your blog and I really love the new posts. Much improved!

    ReplyDelete